What's the difference of red laser and green laser pointers?
● Wavelength difference. The red laser wavelength is between 635 nm and 780 nm. The green laser wavelengths are 515 nm, 520 nm and 532 nm.
● Different lighting modes. The red laser pointer glows directly from the laser diode without an extraction device. It emits glare directly from the red laser diode. The 532 nm green laser is emitted from a 808 nm laser diode pumped crystal.
Why is the blue-violet laser indicator light spot weak?
Depending on the principle of the laser, a shorter wavelength laser pointer can emit brighter light from a longer wavelength laser at the same power. However, the fluoroscopy of 532 nm wavelength light is more easily absorbed and more sensitive, and the luminescence of the 405 nm blue-violet laser appears weaker to the human eye.
Why is the red laser beam not as visible as the green laser?
The continuous illumination time of the green laser pointer will vary depending on the output power. The portable green laser illuminates within 10 seconds at normal operating temperature (25°). If the working time is extended, the output power may increase the attenuation until it does not light up. Long-term operation can damage laser diodes and crystals, and even burn laser diodes. Industrial calibration lasers can run continuously for 24 hours at room temperature and properly cool the system. The portion of the alignment laser should be fixed during operation.
Why are the crystals of laser diodes and laser pointers easily burned out?
Long working hours are the key point that causes laser diodes to burn out. Due to the long working hours, the laser temperature increases with the increase of working time, resulting in damage to the laser diode and crystal.
When the laser pointer needs to be warmed up?
The green laser pointer consists of a 808nm laser diode and a crystal with an operating temperature of 25° and a laser diode wavelength of 808 nm ± 2 nm. When the operating temperature rises by 25°, the laser diode wavelength will become shorter, so the laser power decreases as the wavelength changes. The longer the laser pointer works, the higher the temperature and the lower the power.
What is the speed of the laser pointer?
Ordinary light travels in the air at a rate of 300,000 meters per second. The laser travels in the air at a speed of 300,000,000 meters per second. The laser travels in the air at a rate of 3/4 of the vacuum. The laser propagation speed of the glass is 2/3 of the vacuum.
Safety measures for laser pointer operation:
● The laser pointer at room temperature can be used up to the maximum. Continuous lighting should not exceed 30 seconds.
● Laser is harmful to the eyes. Don't shine in your eyes. Wear suitable laser goggles indoors or near the laser pointer. Avoid pointing the laser pointer directly at the eye. Laser irradiation above 30mW can not face the human body, so as not to cause accidental injury.
● Keep the laser pointer away from children and prevent danger from improper use of the laser pointer. Remove the battery and save it when not using the laser pointer.
● If the brightness of the laser beam is found to be severely degraded, please pay attention to the battery or replace the battery.
● Continuous laser light should not be too long (especially green laser), it is best not to exceed 30 seconds in summer. If you think the laser pointer is hot, stop using it until it is completely cool. The best time to use the high power laser pointer in a controlled time of 1 minute, turn off for 5 minutes for cooling and then turn it on. It prevents over-aging of the laser pointer or damage to the laser diode caused by overheating. These instructions protect the laser pointer for a longer life.